The Grant Rogers Project, a collaborative effort between the William B. Ogden Free Library and Music on the Delaware, has announced funds from the Delaware County Tourism Promotion and Development Grant have been awarded. These monies, together with donations from the Walton Chamber of Commerce and anonymous donors, will be used to provide music this summer at the Cornell Cooperative Extension sponsored Walton Farmers Markets at Veteran’s Plaza. The market will be open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fridays from July 1 through September.
The music will begin July 1 and extend through August with the exception of fair week (Aug. 19), and end Sept. 2. The musicians will play from 12 to 2 p.m. and will offer a variety of music, including singer/songwriters, traditional fiddlers, and dance bands playing old-time and Celtic tunes. The music will echo historic local and regional musicians including the late Grant Rogers, for whom the project is named.
Market music offerings:
• July 1 - Larry Jamieson, country/folk
• July 8 - Bill Seneschal, folk songs
• July 15 - Tributary, old time tunes
• July 22 - John Potocnik & Kathy Shimberg, fiddle tunes
• July 29 - Amy Shapiro & Dannielle Swart, fiddle, guitar, voice
• Aug. 5 - Tremperskill Boys, square dance music
• Aug. 12 - Local Seisiun & Linda Hickman, Irish dance music
• Aug. 26 - Don Gilkinson, country music
• Sept. 2 - Bea Summers & Barb Acker, country, rock, folk
Local or part-time residents, or tourists passing through should plan to enjoy a visit to the Walton Farmers Market to hear some music and purchase local produce and handicrafts.
For more information on traditional music in Delaware County, visit www.grantrogers.org.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here